As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business deve...
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
* We are looking for individuals in the following cities and/or willing to self relocate. Locations are within the metro area for the following: New York, San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Columbus and Houston.
* As an IBM Senior Data Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of cloud platforms. You are a technical leader who will drive deal solutioning and delivery engagements while also serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
* Your Role and Responsibilities:
* Enterprise Cloud Consultant and Data Architect
* Drive pre-sales activities, assessments and delivery
* Working in IBM GBS team for Business development. Apply individual experiences / competency and IBM architecting structure thinking model to analyzing client IT systems.
* Provide best of breed, fit for purpose data strategies and architectural recommendations leveraging Cloud & traditional on-premise data services.
* Provide detailed, hands-on expertise in creating data solutions for IBM's clients.
* General data architecture proposal support, design and delivery
* Provide consulting in customer's Data Journey to the Cloud and related data migration strategies
* Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development on industry leading data platform offerings
* Contribute to IBM's consulting services asset development
* Oversee the architecture for the data platform & cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, annotation and related data and analytics, e.g. Big Data, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Enterprise Information Management, Master Data Management and/or Data Consolidation projects.
* Team leadership in working with multiple functions
* Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
* Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
* You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
* Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
* Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
* Travel expectations are up to 75% (M-Th)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 4 years with cloud native platforms - AWS, Azure, Google, or Snowflake
* At least 8 years of experience in Big Data and Advanced Analytics solution
* At least 8 years of experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and other Enterprise Information Management
* At least 5 years in selling and negotiating consulting services
* At least 5 years of experience in senior technical leadership roles
* At least 5 years of experience in formal project management methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Broad subject matter expertise across cloud computing, infrastructure, IT operations, applications, enterprise architecture, data management, and cloud governance models with ability to advise on industry-leading approaches
Experience working as an architect for an IT professional services firm or similar background in an IT architecture role in a large enterprise.
Broad knowledge of major cloud technologies including virtualization, containers, networking etc. on different cloud platforms and additional knowledge or experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, service management and/or resiliency is a plus