The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy brands and helping consumers make b...
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy brands and helping consumers make better choices, every day.
We grow, harvest, bottle, package, and market a diverse range of products, including fruits, nuts, flowers, water, wines, and juices. The Wonderful Company's diverse holdings make it the world's largest grower of tree nuts, America's largest citrus grower, and the world's largest flower delivery service with the Teleflora network of florists.
As growth at The Wonderful Company continues to accelerate, the Wonderful Strategy Group is an integral piece for achieving our ambitious goals. We are a privately held, vertically integrated company with over a dozen businesses, and enjoy a significant competitive advantage allowing us to achieve the highest standard of quality, integrity, and success. Over the last five years, Wonderful has doubled in size to $5B in revenue and we are on pace to continue this trajectory. The Strategy Group members are essential partners in this success.
The Strategy Group:
Wonderful Strategy Group (WSG) partners directly with executive leaders to solve their most pressing strategic issues and delivers high-impact results for the company and the businesses in its portfolio. The group is unique in both its opportunity and its purpose. A sizeable team of 25+ individuals with various backgrounds in agriculture, consulting, operations, technology, and finance, the group is afforded the opportunity to directly drive business growth by leading direction-setting strategy and acquisition initiatives, working side-by-side with operational leaders, and making recommendations on operational/technological improvements.
Associate Managers work alongside smart, savvy, and high-performing managers and directors (alums from Bain, BCG, McK, Deloitte, Accenture) solving our clients' most pressing strategic issues to deliver high-impact results for the company. Joining a supportive and tight-knit team, you'll collaborate on challenging initiatives with the opportunity to own, lead, and drive projects. Receiving regular consulting training and engaged mentorship from managers/directors you will expand your knowledge to next level up by solving complex business problems, learning to create strategies for change, and winning buy-in from stakeholders to successfully impact the company.
In addition to providing strategic guidance, the Strategy Group is designed to be a leadership funnel for all businesses. Alumni from the Strategy Group have gone on to diverse leadership roles at the business units, such as roles in general management, e-commerce, marketing, operations, and other key areas.
This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant and high-growth entrepreneurial company that is privately owned with no billable hours, bureaucratic decision-making or public shareholders; It is an opportunity to add value by working on high-impact projects, build operations skills, work with high-performing and highly dedicated peers in a strong team environment, and become a future leader of the company. Sound interesting? Read on for more details!
What does The Strategy Group do?
* Work with the operating company presidents and senior executives to improve performance through new growth initiatives and efficiency/cost reduction actions. These include a broad set of projects from M&A due diligence and international expansion to e-commerce consumer experience enhancements and improvement in core operating/technology processes
* Facilitate new business development at the holding company level, including market analysis, product development, acquisition screening, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration
* Cultivate and develop future business leaders and help "feed" this talent into the operating companies owned by The Wonderful Company
What does a Technology Strategy Associate Manager do?
* Provide thought leadership in developing practical technology solutions to complex problems
* Interface directly with operating company senior management and CIOs/CTO
* Act as a driving force behind technology-centric, critical strategic and operational initiatives
* Form strong partnerships with business unit and technology leaders
* Position designed to ideally lead to placement within an operating company
Why choose us?
By joining our team, you will:
* Build your core strategy/technology toolkit while on a path toward a leadership position within one of our operating companies
* Develop technology use cases, capabilities, and operating/governance models, while working across multiple iconic, rapidly-growing, and entrepreneurial businesses
* Have a great work-life balance and minimal travel
* Feel good about what you do-- we work on healthy products and pride ourselves on giving back to communities
* Work alongside 30 other team members in our strategy group to tackle challenging business problems
Your Wonderful Purpose:
* Master's degree in technology/engineering/analytics or MBA with an emphasis in technology from a leading program with top academic credentials or direct promote in lieu of graduate degree at a top-tier Management or IT Consulting firm
* Minimum four years total work experience in Management or IT Consulting, analytics/digital/emerging technology company, or equivalent leadership development positions
* Additional experience with CPG e-commerce, digital, technology/IT, and/or operations
* COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
* Superior problem-solving and analytical abilities
* Comfortable working in collaborative team environments
* Broad, diverse knowledge and/or experience in key trends such as advanced analytics, AI, blockchain, robotic process automation (RPA), cloud computing, IoT, and cybersecurity
* Fundamental understanding of core IT technologies and functions such as networking/infrastructure, data base structures, security, service desk operations, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Ability to communicate the value of IT/technology projects concisely to business units and executive leaders using compelling storylines and PowerPoint presentations
* Demonstrated passion for making a difference
* Focused, organized, and results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership
* Self-motivated, able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment
* Passion for technology and a desire to keep up with the rapid pace of change in emerging and legacy technologies
* Some travel may be required, primarily within California
* Visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter briefly explaining:
* Why you're interested in the Wonderful Company and the Strategy Group
* What ties you have to Los Angeles and/or why you'd want to live here
Wonderful's dedication to you:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
* Opportunity for development and internal mobility
* Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
* Training in continuous improvement and project management
* Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
* Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindfulness classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit , or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.