Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trad...
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC's, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Associate, Institutional Lending (New York)
Genesis is seeking a motivated, analytical and proactive candidate to join us as an Associate on our Institutional Lending team. This role reports directly to the Director and Head of Lending and works closely with many different teams at Genesis, including Trading, Operations, Sales, Onboarding and Risk. The ideal candidate will have some similar experience at a cryptocurrency firm or within traditional capital markets.
- Execute and manage new loan originations with institutional clients including hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, exchanges and broker-dealers
- Provide live-time lending market color and pricing across crypto and cash markets to institutional clients and internal trading teams
- Work with operations team to ensure all new lending transactions are properly recorded and settled within agreed upon SLAs with clients
- Support senior desk members in originating new debt facilities and loans with first-time lenders or borrowers
- Mark-to-market existing loan portfolio using live-time market data to optimize net interest margin across positions and to refinance loans as applicable
- Work with senior desk members to develop and implement new lending strategies and structures across a variety of different crypto assets
- Work with sales and marketing to develop new content and collateral to highlight Genesis suite of products and services
- 2-4 years in traditional finance, capital markets or digital currency markets
- BS in finance, economics or other analytical subjects
- General understanding of digital currencies and/or digital currency trading
- Passionate about understanding market structure, trading and arbitrage
- Previous client-facing experience
- Willingness to learn and research new market developments that may be impactful to the desk
- Demonstrated passion for cryptocurrency markets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, sharp and quick thinker
- Comfortable with math and basic economics
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works well in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time-off
- Flat organizational structure/ meritocracy
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.Accelerating Momentum
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growthDiversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we're trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.