United States of America
HNC12: Customer Services - Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position manages a department that include multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors of IT infrastructure employees. Manages the execution of design plans for logical and technical IT architecture. Develops processes for server management and PC / mobile device support. Advises senior executive management on emerging technology in support of infrastructure development and recommends innovative, cost effective, flexible technologies.
This role will require strong cross-department collaboration with architects, application leads, infrastructure tower owners, software / hardware developers, and business process owners. You must have demonstrated success in driving technical issues and decisions at the organizational level, and managing vendors to SLAs and business expectations. Additionally, the ability to communicate status, issues and options with management will be essential in this role.
- Manage UTAS and Vendor technical teams, including team staffing and performance evaluations, budget development and billing, contract negotiation, system architecture, operational metrics, technology roadmap, and strategy
- Embed continuous improvement process with team and vendors to deliver high quality service
- Meet with industry experts to assess solutions and best practices
- Report on project and operations status, issues, and options to key stakeholders
- Develop and track department budget and staffing needs
- Knowledge of PLM applications and architecture, Teamcenter
- Knowledge of ITIL and or Lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical thinking, strategic leadership, customer focus, team leadership, and innovation skills
- 10+ years of experience in Management IT staff of >6 employees
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure systems administration, and/or architecture
- Bachelor degree in Information Technologies or related field required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .