United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vi...
United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Business Relationship Managers proactively serve as a "trusted advisor" and are the primary liaison between Digital Technology (DT) and the UTC Aerospace Systems Business Units. BRMs contribute to the success of UTAS through effective and innovative leadership in strategic DT initiatives on behalf of the business. The BRM is responsible for understanding the business and DT services, assisting in the prioritization of DT initiatives, ensuring that they align with the technology that provides maximum return on investment, and directing DT strategy in support of the overall business strategy. BRMs represent Digital Technology to the business by promoting the function's vision, value, services and capabilities. They are advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure DT services meet their business priorities and needs.
* Understand moderately complex business unit functions, UTC Aerospace System's customer needs and strategic business direction in an effort to identify opportunities for technology innovation
* Influence strategic DT portfolio (AOP & SFP) in support of overall business strategy
* Leads prioritization of BU demand for DT based on organization(s) needs/strategy
* Understands change impacts and resistance, and formulates strategies with key stakeholders to address impacts and build commitment
* Supports value of change management to sponsors and encourages cascading levels of change leadership
* Recognize and minimize business value lost during project/program execution
* Manage and support established governance processes to ensure demand for DT is recognized, vetted for approval and prioritized by business unit
* Manages and shapes demand of assigned business area
* Execution oversight of business unit DT initiatives to ensure business value and objectives are achieved
* Develop the business case for capability requests and ensures project delivers intended value
* Provides frequent communication with business unit and DT on respective portfolio, including business unit priorities, business specific DT issues and value harvesting of DT investments
* Collaborate with other BRM's, business unit and DT senior/middle management to ensure corporate, business unit and DT objectives are aligned and being met
* Influences business outcomes through communication, negotiation, managing conflict and building alliances to achieve desired results
* Manage internal business stakeholder expectations with respect to DT services, identify gaps between business partner needs and DT capabilities; work to find innovative solutions that meet business objectives or create new business opportunities through the creative use of technology
* Communicate and encourage business stakeholders about the potential use of technologies that bring additional value to the business units
* Identify and share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units
* Partner with Service Owners to ensure resolution of escalated DT issues
* Converge business and DT strategies
* Viewed by business partners and DT as a consultant/liaison and performance is typically measured by on-time delivery of agreed upon solutions within cost and stated value.
* BRM is the primary owner of establishing, enhancing and maintaining strategic relationships with appropriate levels of executive and other key business partners and DT stakeholders
* 7-10 years of relevant experience
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in related discipline required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.