The Architect makes recommendations regarding technology adoption and purchase, develops, analyzes, and specifies quality of se...
The Architect makes recommendations regarding technology adoption and purchase, develops, analyzes, and specifies quality of service requirements, and determines architectures, techniques, designs, software, and tools that meet the specified QoS requirements (including hardware for infrastructure). The Architect also designs, develops, maintains, tests, and deploys core infrastructure artifacts, libraries and archetypes.
* The Architect collaborates with technical and business users, works closely with the development and operations staff, collaborates with business partners and vendors, and works with Development Leads on projects.
* The Architect has very good skills communicating technical and business concepts verbally and in writing, effectively leads meetings and gives presentations, and presents information to a range of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
* The Architect has mastery in software development/operations, understands all phases of the company software development life cycle, and builds and maintains frameworks.
* The Architect has mastery in logical and physical design, understands all phases of information lifecycle management, and provides guidance on data architecture best practices to enhance and preserve the quality of the company's information assets.
* The Architect performs code and design reviews, consults on development/operations projects, and occasionally provides direct assistance on projects when there are particularly challenging and/or critical problems.
* The Architect mentors senior and junior team members, increasing their awareness of code quality, performance, algorithm development, deployment methodologies/operations, provides technical leadership across all Overstock software and operations groups, and helps maintain and enhance the quality, performance and scalability of the Overstock code base and data repositories.
* The Architect promotes a positive company image through participation in public presentations, writing, blogging, standards, consortiums, open source projects, mailing lists, industry collaborations, hiring, etc. The Architect demonstrates strong leadership, good judgment, and decisiveness, especially in technical areas, adapts to changing business requirements and technology trends, works independently on significant projects, demonstrates initiative and integrity in all aspects of work, may report status to a variety of leaders depending on the need, and will adapt to changes in job requirements, learning and applying new skills as needed.
* Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
* Follow legal policies as directed.
* Must have 5-7 years of practical experience
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Must have experience in Systems Architecture, Information Architecture and Object-Oriented design
* Experience building high performance backend systems for scalable web applications
* Agile experience preferred
* Web Services / REST
* Service Oriented Architecture
* Enterprise Architecture
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers