Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Customer Support
Gemini is establishing itself as the industry leading exchange for institutional trading of digital assets. This is an opportunity to enter on the ground floor of a rapidly growing organization where you will have the ability to shape the future of providing technical support to our growing customer base.
The Role: Application Support Engineer
You will be at the forefront of providing support to Gemini's customer base and will work closely with our engineering teams on the continuous improvement of the Gemini platform. You are customer focused and have a track record of being an application support expert within the Financial Technology space. Building and configuring internal operational tools is something that you enjoy and excel in. You will leverage your experience to help Gemini bridge the gap between traditional Financial Service platforms and our world class digital asset exchange.
- Provide technical support services to Gemini's institutional and retail customer base as well as partnered vendors, with a focus on Gemini APIs, network connectivity, and application support
- Investigate and precisely communicate application issue referencing appropriate logs to Gemini development teams
- Maintain and deploy API documentation, accounting for relevant engineering changes for all Gemini APIs
- Assist Retail support teams with operational tools to help the overall Support service at Gemini
- Clearly articulate issues to customers in a way that instills confidence and reliability
- Assist in the on-boarding and certification process of FIX and Web API customers
- Provide second level support to sales and business development teams
- Create and customize operational and monitoring tools to facilitate customer support operations
- BA/BS degree in technical, engineering, or financial concentration
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and writing well-formed queries
- Confident verbal communication and polished written communication
- Experience and comfort with solving complex problems from end-to-end
- Comfort with flexible hours, including weekends, for comprehensive support coverage
- Understanding of Financial Markets and Trading
It Pays to Work Here
- Cryptocurrency enthusiast, having an understanding of current ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience with navigating systems, running commands from a Unix terminal
- Experience with Splunk, Looker, ZenDesk, Grafana
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development