As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will defin...
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking a Senior Cloud Application and Solution Architect to join our team. In this role, you will design and develop native cloud applications, architect cloud solutions and participate in cloud adoption, optimization and migration strategies for our clients. You will also advise our clients on API, Microservices, legacy application modernization and deployment to the cloud.
The role requires the ability to work with the client's IT team, as well as C-level executives to demonstrate the cloud value proposition. This includes assessing the current application and infrastructure environment, performing a gap analysis, and recommending the to-be solution architecture. As a Application and Solution Architect, you will be required to deliver a proof of concept or minimum viable product using agile methodology and IBM design thinking. You will use your knowledge of platform based cloud development as a service offerings in the market, born-on-the-cloud application architecture and best practices, API management, DevOps, Internet of Things, and cloud integration suites to advise our clients on their hybrid/multi cloud journey.
We are seeking a candidate who are able to design, architect and develop cloud applications. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Ability to work with a global team and flexibility will be essential. Knowledge of multiple platforms, cloud services, AI, Blockchain and Dev/SecOps is highly desired.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 5 years of experience as Application Architect within Microservices environment
* At least 5 years of experience architecting and developing cloud application
* At least 5 years of experience with Application modernization
* At least 5 years of experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors
* Experience with sketching the app disposition with white board
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 7 years of experience with some of the following: Red Hat Openshift, AWS, Azure, and/or Google
* At least 7 years of experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors.
* At least 7 years of experience with containerization and container management
* At least 1 year of experience with Cloud Migration