We are a dedicated and dynamic team of the consumer device and payment professionals looking to revolutionize retail experience by injecting...
We are a dedicated and dynamic team of the consumer device and payment professionals looking to revolutionize retail experience by injecting cutting edge device, network and financial technology into the payment process.
As Android Software Enginee r for Global payment services in Verifone, you will be helping us realize the future of retail payments making them easy, secure and user-friendly. Looking for experts in Android application/framework development, cross-platform applications, performance improvements, secure transactions, networking, blockchain and other financial applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of Java Android applications (and cross-platform apps) and services related to: point of sale, payment processing, performance monitoring, consumer analytics, and test automation.
- Write scalable efficient code and measure performance of various payment process elements.
- Contribute to the development of automated test infrastructure using Python or similar scripting language.
- Develop new concepts in retail experience - think anything from new sensors to checkout kiosks to automated store experiences.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years prior experience with Android application development
- Previous work on a published Android application(s) available on the Google Play store or contributions with open-source Android projects.
- Experience with Android software development in Java and/or C++
- Expertise in Android software development tools
- Experience with, and ability to develop expertise in, secure coding techniques, security/encryption technologies, and cryptography
- Experience with continuous integration software development processes and configuration management tools
Skills & Ability:
- Creativity and efficiency
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment without boundaries for the benefit of the project and team
- Ability to decompose larger problems into work as self-contained, minimally-dependent tasks
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and entrepreneurial environment and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work as part of a geographically distributed team having members of diverse cultures
- Demonstrated ability to improve both technical knowledge and process; ability to learn and apply skills to new technology iOS development skills in both Objective C and Swift is a plus
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- provided by Dice Android, android sdk, android studio, python, C++, Java