IBM's Industry Platforms division is where the breadth of IBM's technologies and offerings come together with a vertical fo...
IBM's Industry Platforms division is where the breadth of IBM's technologies and offerings come together with a vertical focus to drive innovative and impactful market solutions.
IBM is looking to hire an Analyst Relations Manager in our headquarters, located in Westchester County, North Castle, NY.
This person will build relationships with key influencers around the globe to help IBM further its lead in its core industries. This role requires the candidate to have a broad yet deep knowledge of technologies ranging from Public and Private Cloud, Analytics, Hardware, such a mainframes, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, IoT and Security.
The Analyst Relations Manager will have responsibilities across the Consumer, Government and TME (Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment) sectors. Candidate must possess a great understanding of these spaces including the companies and products that operate in these sectors. Competitive knowledge of telecommunications, media, entertainment, government and consumer is essential.
This person will play a critical, cross-functional role by influencing external technical analysts and leading analyst firms by introducing them to many different groups across IBM such as; product management, engineering, communications, sales and marketing teams. You will have to write competitive briefs and positioning documents. You will present this body of information to influential analysts together with the aforementioned groups at IBM. Candidate will coordinate with colleagues across IBM's global offices.
The Analyst Relations Manager should have a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This role requires the ability to work on multiple fast paced projects simultaneously, strong analytical skills, and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research. The candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on IBM competitive strengths and differentiators.
* Develop, manage and execute a targeted Analyst Relations plan for IBM's Industry Platform businesses; educate the most influential technical analysts who work with existing or prospective IBM customers. Embed with the business unit to influence strategy and sales and improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
* Influence analyst research on IBM, its competitors and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of IBM and the value it brings to its customers; own IBM's participation in competitive evaluations (MQs, Waves etc.) and work to improve IBM's standing in influential reports.
* Respond to competitive evaluations (MQ's and Waves) that require a 4-6 week project management cycle of reading, coordinating responses and persuasively writing replies that will land IBM in the leadership position in these evaluations.
* Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in Consumer, Government and TME ; share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
* Connect key IBM executives Consumer, Government and TME with expert analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy. Prepare competitive briefs and presentations for business units to present from.
* Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM offerings.
* Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts.
* Create and execute plans for IBM and third-party external events that complement and validate IBM's corporate messaging and strategy, incorporating customer use cases.
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% to meet in person with Business Unit executives and key global analysts and influencers.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.