The Dow Chemical Company seeks a progressive and accomplished Analyst to support the Enterprise Architecture Team in its operations and emer...
The Dow Chemical Company seeks a progressive and accomplished Analyst to support the Enterprise Architecture Team in its operations and emerging capability technology scouting areas. The role will be in Midland, Michigan.
This is a key area for tech scouting, incubation and R&D for IT to identify digital opportunities furthering Dow's Corporate IT Strategy. This work crosses many different business, functional and technical areas.
The candidate needs to be passionate, intellectually inquisitive, a quick learner, and have experience in new/emerging technologies (Artificial Intelligence including machine/deep learning, conversational platforms, immersive technologies, blockchain and intelligent things) and more importantly - how they facilitate needed business outcomes.
The successful candidate will function as a member and change agent of the Enterprise Architecture team to provide expertise, drive information research, support hackathons and the Dow Emerging capability process as well as our university alliances and recruiting efforts. The Analyst for EA will work in close partnership with our Digital Centers, Functional SME's and Business Teams. They are expected to collaborate with a wide breadth of internal corporate individuals, including executive management, business leaders, functional leaders, and Dow's strategic suppliers.
Business and Functional Scope:
* All Dow businesses and geographies
* All Dow platforms, with a focus on emerging capabilities
* Contribute toward Enterprise Architecture strategy, principles, position statements and designs
* Support of the Internal Enterprise Architecture Team operations
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Leading or participate in strategy development across emerging capabilities and identifying gaps as these technologies grow in use at Dow.
* Monitor and analyze new market developments for tech scouting and industry developments for potential applicability to Dow and our digital enablement.
* Leading and facilitating proof of concept projects to explore the applicability of emerging technologies in various use cases at Dow.
* Mentor others on EA directions, and lead communities of practice to support growth and remove barriers for transformational technologies throughout Dow.
* Partner with Digital Centers to assist in acceleration of emerging technology projects by providing architectural guardrails and helping push those guardrails when needed.
* Partner closely with Digital Centers to understand business needs coming from workshops.
* Partner with Enterprise Architects & Business Process Architects on exploration of where emerging trends impact their landscape both in processes and technologies.
* Agile approach to publication and maintenance of emerging capability position statements, whitepapers and other artifacts for consumption by innovation teams.
* Provide leadership in ensuring the strategic architecture direction is understood through the creation of architecture position statements, reference architectures, TOGAF deliverables / artifacts & working with LAS/AS community to govern its implementation and adherence to standards.
Enterprise Architect Competencies / Critical Success Factors:
* Strong tech knowledge and ability to learn quickly, with experience in developing, implementing and maintaining architecture across platforms, applications, networks including new digital technology trends such as, artificial intelligence / machine learning, robotic process automation, internet of things, modern application development capabilities, etc.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work with multiple layers in the organization. Ability to present business cases to senior leaders.
* Proven ability to collaborate and navigate in a global multinational environment. Ability to build and foster relationships across Businesses, Functions, Enterprise Architects, Business Process Leaders and the IS organization at large.
* Effective partnership, culturally savvy, negotiation capabilities, and influencing skills with the ability to work the organization to make decisions. Ability to establish high level of trust with the partners.
* Business process development and implementation techniques with proven technical capabilities in developing and implementing IT solutions.
* Strategic planning, scenario analysis and proven alternative analysis and communications skills.
* Strong aptitude for and experience in issue resolution and decision making.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, or other related fields
* 3 - 8 years in IT related technologies or relevant industry experience across multiple platforms
* Excellent oral and written skills, including the ability to collaborate with industry peers and service providers.
* Broad knowledge of current industry standards and frameworks.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee).
* TOGAF V9 Certification preferred
* Technology / Vendor Certifications
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
* An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
* Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
* The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
* Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
* Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at , you may call us at 1 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 . SDL2017