About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain ...
About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital's CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Working from Galaxy's New York office, the Analyst/Associate will provide support to Galaxy's trading and investment operations and has at least two years of experience in back/middle office at a financial institution, hedge fund or administrator.
* Provide full support to Galaxy Digital's trading and investment operations
* Work in a fast-paced trading environment with daily interaction across multiple business units (Trading, Operations, Lending, Derivatives, Finance, Engineering)
* Manage all aspects of OTC derivative trade capture, reporting, and settlement
* Ensure operational processes are fully documented, tested and adequately supported
* Identify operational control gaps and suggest process improvements
* Respond to inquiries from counterparties, custodians and brokers
* Daily trade, position and cash reconciliations
* Facilitate frictionless settlements with over-the-counter counterparties
* 2 to 4 years back/middle office experience working directly with derivative products including futures and options
* Expertise in the trade life cycle of derivative products
* Middle/back office experience covering trade settlements, fail control, reconciliation of trade discrepancies, and client servicing
* Knowledge of accounting and reconciliation systems with a focus on derivatives
* An outgoing individual with a strong work ethic and a great attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and multitask
* Self-starter with a strong desire to make processes more efficient
* Able to work effectively in a team environment with good communication skills
* Experience with programming (ex. Python) and/or scripting strongly preferred
* An interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
* Familiar with Cryptocurrency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.