My client is one of the most different and Unique ad-tech Companies around. We helped them double their Engineering team in 2020, and we are...
My client is one of the most different and Unique ad-tech Companies around. We helped them double their Engineering team in 2020, and we are looking to build again in 2021.
They have built and scaled an end-to-end advertising solution that leverages cryptography, blockchain, and AI to power modern media. Their advertising suite provides tools for audience forecasting, precision targeting and activation, and cross-screen attribution against its proprietary OTT-first device graph.
They are 80+ people now, looking to grow significantly again in 2021. They are growing fast, and very profitable with a low burn rate, as well as the best employee retention I've ever seen.
I'm looking for an ambitious Scrum Master who is passionate about accelerating organizational agility and the delivery of end-user value by working together with co-agilists to transform the digital AdTech space. Being a coach or mentor in our setting requires a commitment to both personal and business agility.
What You'll Do:
- Cultivate high-performing agile teams with the goal of supporting end-to-end organizational agile maturity
- Organize and facilitate Scrum team ceremonies: daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint reviews, in addition to product increment ceremonies such as (SAFe) PI Planning, and Inspect and Adapt Workshops
- Assemble and review end of sprint metrics with teams, and senior leadership, extrapolating anti-patterns, highlighting areas of improvement, and provide tactical strategies that guide the team towards iterative and relentless improvement
- Work with teams to help surface, identify and eliminate impediments that are beyond the team's ability to remove directly
- Assist the team in establishing priorities and evaluating trade-off, helping the team to sequence activities that maximize business value
- Coordinate the execution of deliverables across multiple Scrum Teams with a focus on scaling Scrum to manage cross-team dependencies
- Surface and facilitate the negotiation of technical enablers and new feature prioritization between product owners and lead engineers ensuring that architectural stability
- Coach and provide assistance to the product owner, ensuring that the product backlog is consistently well refined, organized, and maintained
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
What You'll Bring:
- Passionate about agile product development
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams towards delivering high impact, high-quality software at a sustainable pace
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics, and coaching - enabling teams to develop trust and safety
- Strong understanding and experience of a variety of Agile approaches, and thrive on Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, and agile product development practices
- Confident at facilitating backlog refinement, coaching best practices such as story splitting, estimation, and capacity planning
- Software Engineering or Technical background - strongly preferred
- 3-10 years of experience as a scrum master with at least 2 years of working within a high-performing true agile organization preferred
- Software Engineering background - fluent in at least one programming language
- Experience working within a scaled agile methodology such as SAFe, LeSS, or DaDz
- Must have at least one of the following certifications: SSM, CSM, or PSM
- Experience working within an organization that is undergoing a coached agile transformation
- Computer Science degree strongly preferred
- Base salary to $180k
- Cash Bonus
- Series A Equity - in a high-growth, highly-profitable company
- Unlimited Vacation, plus additional paid company holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Parental Leave, Commuter Benefits
US Citizen or GC only for now