What You'll Do
The Agile Program Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams, delive...
What You'll Do
The Agile Program Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams, delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Project Planning and Management- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support - Support the product owner in handling customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management & Improvement - Define and lead a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building - Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
At an Enterprise level:
- Leading large, complex enterprise-level projects
- The projects may consist of multiple Agile teams and require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
At a team level:
- Playing a consultative role putting in place the appropriate people, process, and tools to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
Hybrid Agile role:
Who You'll Work With
- Using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and leading the effort
- Achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. Who You Are
You are high energy, self-driven and love solving problems for tomorrow, not just today.
- Solid understanding of development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Strong oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#LI-WB1 - provided by Dice