WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you wa...
WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you want to join a globally progressive and inclusive company devoted to excellence, we are looking for you!
We are the leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. We navigate clients toward the right decisions with data and technology insights they can only get from RealPage. Serving our clients is our highest priority and RealPage teammates are our greatest asset.
Come join a team where your work makes an impact every day!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Security, energy management, asset protection, and automation efficiencies...these are a few of our favorite things.
STRATIS is actively seeking an experienced and passionate product owner to join its engineering teams who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse family is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they've learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
Located in the former East Falls community theatre in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is widely considered one of the best-kept secrets in emerging technology. Since 2014, we have been the leader in smart apartments for multifamily.
We were named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's "Best Companies in America" two years in a row, #740 on Inc. Magazine's list of 5000 "fastest-growing companies" in 2019, and our CEO, Felicite Moorman, was Ernst & Young's 2017 local and regional Entrepreneur of the Year.
As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in over 30,000 units in Japan and Europe, and in over 350,000 units across 46 states in the U.S.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Product Owner, you should have at least three years of experience in the field, addressing real-world challenges. You will utilize your experience to drive the development of new features and integration of new devices in our ever-growing IoT platform. This role will specifically pair with our team that works on thermostat, lighting, sensor integrations, and will dual-hat as an Agile Project Manager. Experience in wireless protocols of Z-Wave, Zigbee, and/or LoRa is a must-have.
* Love what you do & be an integral part of our family that is forging a new path in IoT technology;
* Act as a project manager and assist in leading and tracking a variety of projects and multiple teams simultaneously;
* Actively lead requirements gatherings;
* Create and own all aspects of product roadmap:
* Market requirements and fit;
* All requirements in the form of Epics, Features, and Stories;
* MVP definition, phased development planning, and backlog management;
* Launch strategy, schedule, and communications;
* Sales and marketing interface and training;
* Roadmap ownership;
* Executive reporting and expectation setting.
* Continually improve user experiences to control & manage devices such as locks, thermostats, lights, shades, water metering, energy metering, & leak detection;
* Innovate constantly on existing and cutting-edge technology to build new solutions;
* Interact and work closely with external and internal stakeholders to refine requirements and timelines;
* Craft requirements and log user stories - ensuring stories are slated for the correct initiative / release (we do not have BA's or Scrum Masters);
* Manage all agile ceremonies for a single development team of 4-5 developers;
* Ensure Agile SLDC best practices are followed in a manner to enhance the teams' abilities to accurately estimate, manage, and deliver stories and features on schedule and within budgets;
* Help refine, document and improve our Agile SLDC and practices with fellow Product Owners / Project Managers;
* Own and manage our Agile tracking software (JIRA / Azure DevOps) to manage roadmap delivery for strategic programs including backlog, stories, features, epics and program delivery (in collaboration with Development Managers, Project Managers, and other Product Owners);
* Own and be responsible for Management and Executive reporting of delivery, roadmap (specific to your teams), risk and issue tracking and mitigation strategies for mission critical programs;
* Own the backlog and roadmap for the delivery team(s) and facilitate prioritization and impact analysis and decisions between multiple competing priorities and programs;
* Verify that requirements and related user stories are correct, understandable, and fully designed before the team starts a sprint;
* Leads team on backlog refinement and prioritization, and communicate continually around these priorities;
* Drive completeness, transparency, speed, efficiency, and quality in all phases of development to successfully deliver defect free features from inception through production;
* Be a change agent - make everything and everyone you interact with better and more able to achieve the goals of the teams, organization, and company;
* Understand the team(s) domain architecture so to routinely and quickly identify dependencies and levels of effort;
* Proactively identify challenges and appropriately resolve using tools, a network of peers, and formal channels;
* Utilize team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, robustness of feature-set, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with / coaches the team to continuously improve;
* Agile and Technical Learning: Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as communities of practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community;
* Prepare and deliver effective communications (verbal, written, trackers, presentations) regarding progress and status for both internal and client teams;
* Collaborate with the Tech Writer to ensure release notes for your teams' feature improvements are published accurately and timely;
* Collaborate with the Internal Trainer(s) to ensure internal training, documentation, and marketing is accomplished around every new feature or resolution that your teams create;
* Foster a "shipping" culture by collaborating with team members, understanding deadlines and expectations, and identifying roadblocks early;
* Integrates Agile principles into team practices and processes;
* Understand and utilize our production deployment systems & processes;
* Make sure that the teams are strong and healthy - including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth;
* Work relentlessly to make sure the teams are doing the right things, while not spreading too thin. A healthy balance of innovation, maintenance, and fun is key;
* Know the product, utilize it, understand its capabilities;
* Be invested in the project. Be engaged. Make a difference. Become indispensable. And be yourself doing it!
* 3+ years of professional experience in Agile Project Management;
* Experience in crafting requirements for development teams;
* Ability to own a team / product from concept to scale;
* Significant understanding of wireless protocols of Z-Wave, Zigbee, and/or LoRa, and pros/cons of those protocols;
* Capable of fulfilling all listed requirements above;
* Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies;
* Excited to impact real people every day through your work.
WHAT WE OFFER
At RealPage, we're always looking for talented professionals who thrive in a learning work environment that continually supports individual greatness. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity. It is the things you do that bring out the best of you and RealPage.
RealPage considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all teammates feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.