Business Product Analyst - Client Technology
In Assurance, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional client service with a relentless focus on quality, supported by state-of-the-art technology. We anticipate and respond to technology disruption in our industry.
Assurance operates in Agile framework and continuously evolving our product ecosystem with valuable and robust features, supported by both existing, emerging and cutting-edge technology.
The Business Product Analyst (BPA) will work closely with the business and development teams from conception, development, launch and beyond, including keeping a continually open-loop on product feedback. The BPA will work with small-size micro services team whose service offerings span across multiple teams.
The Business Product Analyst (BPA) is a multi- discipline talent with knowledge in Assurance business domain, is technically inclined with current technology, and have product mindset driven by entrepreneurship and value.
BPA understands the current state of business processes including pain points and opportunities. In this capacity, the BPA collaborates with different stakeholders, and communicates - written and verbal - to team members on the specific features and services and to help in product rationalization. It is expected the BPA to have an understanding of DevOps and familiar with current technology especially cloud computing, digital, mobile, and micro services. The BPA should be capable to articulate how such technology is consumed by the different features and services of the products.
As a global company, the BPA must have global mindset working in a cross-functional disciplines with team members located in multiple geo-locations operating in different time zones, work cycles, and work cultures.
Business acumen and product mindset
• Partner effectively with technical team, experience design team, product manager, product owners, and testers to explore and define business features and analyze details to properly groom product backlog
• Collaborate with product manager, product owner, and leadership on product alignment and consistency strategic positioning, business values, and market feedback that incorporates data and market dynamics
• Identify and define details on NFR for features and the APIs such as security and performance to meet demand of fluctuating business cycles for global areas
• Demonstrate strong business acumen with good understanding of how data objects are used and possibly transformed based on the business activities/functions that consume the objects
• Query and interrogate data to assess qualitative and quantitative usage relating to product and market through the use of query languages and varied data sources, and able to produce insight through visualization tools
• Develop relevant product information/spec sheet to communicate on product awareness internally and externally
Agility, dynamicity and teaming
• Execute tasks and work well under pressure with minimal supervision
• A self-starter to own and deliver quality work output with strong sense of ownership and high standards of excellence
• Perform work in Agile framework and apply Agile values and principles to produce work artifacts relevant to Agile practices.
• Use Agile enterprise tools (ex. TFS/VSTS) and other productivity tools (ex. Visio, PBI) to deliver work products and to articulate market finding
• Working knowledge of DevOps practices and work culture
• Contribute to the needed artifacts applicable to CI and CD
• Detail oriented, organized, and committed to high level of accuracy
• Collaborate with cross-functional disciplines on security, engineering, marketing, finance, procurement, and legal to enable successful product pursuit and delivery
• Understand the different technology stacks and components especially on Cloud computing and micro services, and have a keen eye for emerging platforms and tools
• Awareness where and how technology and business domain operate together to provide business value and excellent user experience
• Assess and involve in instrumentation to capture data points for better understanding on products and market intelligence
• Construct data and object model to connect and summarize business domain features/behavior with business objects and the relevant services in the product ecosystem that can span across multiple micro services teams
• Business travelling to be expected from time to time
• Pursue continuous improvement on progressive skillsets on key areas :
- soft skills (ex. leadership, people skills, high performance team)
- technical competencies (ex. disruptors, big data, cloud, bitcoin)
- business knowledge (ex. audit, regulatory, organization vision)
• Active listener and inquisitive to drive critical thinking and thought leadership
• Direct experience in variety of business domains/market segments
• Strong analytical abilities with the ability to articulate complex scenarios to different stakeholders/audience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work experience Agile framework participating directly in Agile practices and producing common metrics and agile artifacts
• Understand DevOps practices and micros services
• Able to write queries (ex. SQL), manipulate raw data (ex. CSV, XML) and interrogate data using industry based tools (ex. Excel, PowerBI)
• Proficient in the use of productivity tool suites (ex. MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, SnagIt)
• Familiar in current and emerging technology stacks impacting the business domain (ex. cloud computing, mobile devices, data collecting platform such as AppInsight, Splunk, along with Object Oriented design and services architecture)
• Able to work in a fast-paced, cohesive architecture team and willing to learn fast and adapt quickly to change
• Involvement in product definition through experience design is a plus
• Experience in design thinking session and strategic product planning is a plus
• 5+ years of professional work experience in enterprise setting
5 years experience in Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes5 years experience in Development, Management, Process Modeling and Analysis
Have worked at least 3 to 5 years in a corporate IT environment Must have recent experience in business analysis in a professional services industry