Our San Francisco client seeks an Accounting Manager to join their fast-paced and growing organization. We are looking for a collaborative a...
Our San Francisco client seeks an Accounting Manager to join their fast-paced and growing organization. We are looking for a collaborative and process driven individual to join our growing accounting team. The Accounting Manager will be involved in all aspects of GL accounting. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Manager will lead the accounting close and consolidation process, be responsible for monthly and quarterly management reporting, and lead our annual financial statement audit.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You should also have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. Additionally, you should have a genuine interest in the blockchain industry and understanding of the ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Direct the monthly accounting close process including the timely and accurate reporting of the Company's financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for US locations while owning the overall maintenance of the general ledger
- Ensure adherence to monthly intercompany billings in accordance with transfer pricing agreements
- Be the main contact for external auditors and tax advisors; manage timely preparation of audit and tax workpapers for the annual financial statement audits and tax return preparation
- Identify opportunities for efficiency in department processes; design and implement solutions, including workflow enhancements and automation of manual processes
- Enhance functionality of the Company's ERP system and implement other systems and tools to improve department productivity
- Comply with SOX requirements while performing the above tasks and participate in documentation and roll-out of new SOX compliant processes
- Serve as the liaison with international accounting teams and vendors
- Manage, lead, mentor and develop a growing accounting team
- Ad hoc projects as directed by management
What you have
- Minimum of 6+ years in the field of Accounting or equivalent (public accounting experience is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems (Intacct and/or mid-tier accounting systems is a plus)
- Proven ability to self-direct
- Collaborative approach to working on projects with a team that values diverse perspectives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills