Job Scope: Critical accounting role with key responsibilities to support the month-end accounting close process, support data preparation an...
Job Scope: Critical accounting role with key responsibilities to support the month-end accounting close process, support data preparation and strategic communication with business leadership, support maintenance of accounting systems and to keep accounting records timely and accurate. Reports directly to the Director of Accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Leads corporate accounting teams for assigned areas and develops financial accounting policies, practices, and procedures that compliment all accounting operational systems and GAAP standards. Ensures that all transactions and accounting policies meet federal regulations and standards.
* Provides financial analyses and recommendations for strategic planning and direction. Supports the preparation of standard monthly, quarterly, and annual close and consolidation of the general ledger. Support compliance of the monthly close checklist and calendars, including the review and preparation of accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
* Develops accounting organization strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis and recommendations and establishes functional objectives that compliment organizational objectives.
* Develops proper accounting controls and standards and ensures all accounting processes follow statutory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Supports the maintenance of the general ledger and chart of accounts. Ensures that journal entries, reconciliations, and analytics are audit quality.
* Supports monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes.
* Provides leadership, training, and guidance to direct reports.
* Collaborates with internal auditors and supports period review of the effectiveness of internal controls and accounting processes.
* Manages the strategic alignment of assigned accounting teams with other business systems and processes throughout the company.
* Leads implementation and maintenance of accounting and reporting systems. Communicates changes in those systems and their impact to the organization.
* Guides the analysis of accounting processes to enable management to evaluate costs and make financial plans and forecasts.
* Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers