MindSource is seeking an Accounting Manager to be a complement to the Head of Finance providing support to ensure correct financial accounti...
MindSource is seeking an Accounting Manager to be a complement to the Head of Finance providing support to ensure correct financial accounting, facilitate external audits for future periods, and provide financial data in a timely manner. Our amazing client is building out their International Headquarters here in San Francisco and desires to find someone looking to grow in their career, take ownership and take on a management role with no direct reports initially. We are looking for someone who can bring the right balance to the organization, someone with just the right amount of experience and at the right point of growth in their career! If you have experience in financial services, FinTech, tech or the cryptocurrency space apply ASAP.
- Day-to-day general ledger activities, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for the US Holding Co and Broker-Dealer entities.
- Perform accounting integration assessments and consolidate accounting activities with the Group Finance team as appropriate.
- Take ownership of accounting policies, both in documentation and implementation.
- Ensure all US GAAP to IFRS differences are identified and correctly accounted for.
- Structure the intercompany and consolidation processes for the US entities. Determine if SLA's, expense allocations or transfer pricing needs to be implemented.
- Partner with the Finance Manager to ensure the operating entity has correct accounting treatment of significant areas.
- Partner cross-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions).
- Understands advanced concepts relating to accounting and controls and relays those concepts to the Finance team both formally and informally.
- Review prior year audited financial statements and consult with auditors to determine if adjustments need to be made for the current year.
- Support the Head of Finance and other organizational team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Prepare annual tax filings for the US entities and take ownership of the 1099 reporting for customers and vendors.
- 4-5 years of accounting experience, either public accounting or industry (2yrs of Audit and 2-3yrs of Industry experience would be the perfect blend of skills).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Active CPA license preferred
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Technical accounting knowledge with a detailed understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of general ledger or ERP systems (Oracle, Netsuite, SAP, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Advanced software skills in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Team player attitude and ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment.
- Proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company.
- A commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.